The first bridge (engineer N. Mazurov) spanning the Malaya Neva at the place where the Neva forks into two armlets, Malaya and Bolshaya, and joining the Strelka of Vasiliyevsky Island to Petrogradsky Island was erected between 1893 and 1894. At that time it was a twenty-five-span structure with a one-leaf bascule. In 1922 the bridge was renamed into Stroiteley (Builders) Bridge. In 1930 and 1937 it was reconstructed; its wooden elements were replaced with metal ones. Between 1957 and 1960 the extant five-span drawbridge (239 m long) was put up 70 m downstream the Malaya Neva. It rests on concrete supports faced with granite (engineers V. Demchenko and B. Levin, architects L. Noskov and P. Areshev). In the course of its construction the Malaya Neva embankments were also rebuilt and part of the river mouth was filled in and turned into a square in front of the bridge. The bridge was embellished with cast-iron railings featuring tridents and pikes, Neptune’s attributes, placed into circles.